Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Salary 55-65k per annum
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for Financial and Contractual Administration of Projects from award of contract to final account, and duties will include although not limited to:
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff with QS team.
- Attending internal prestart meetings and obtaining contract documentation from the Estimator to review, analyse and assess requirements.
- Assisting in preparation of the contract programme, and review and comment. Preparing procurement schedule noting key dates for subcontractors.
- Preparing cash flow forecast / cost projection.
- Re-measuring main contract works during progress of the contract.
- Preparing and agreeing interim applications with client’s representative.
- In conjunction with, Construction Manager and/or Site Manager identifying variations, ensuring relevant variation orders are received and value variations.
- Identifying and assessing any time delays to contract in conjunction with Contracts Manager and Site Manager. Reviewing and detailing effects and discuss with Senior Management.
- Preparing correspondence from site to third parties.
- Attending internal site meetings and representing company at site and other project meetings as required.
- Preparing, submitting, and agreeing main contract final account as soon as possible after completion of the works.
- Ensuring certification received on completion of outstanding defects.
- In conjunction with Contracts Manager and Site Manager monitor progress of the project for efficiency, waste, performance, and careful expenditure.
- Collating monthly cost ledger from accounts department and checking and analysing costs. Preparing cost liability schedules and cost value reconciliation statement.
- Dealing with procurement for subcontractors, reviewing and agreeing subcontractor final accounts, and re measuring subcontract works where appropriate.
To be considered for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role you should have the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Proven experience of at least 5 years as a Quantity Surveyor within main contracting.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Conversant with JCT and NEC Contracts.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and have a flexible approach to what is expected.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good written skills and computer literacy.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
- Life assurance equivalent to 3 times annual salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Company Car or Car allowance
Closing Date: 28th July 2021