Buyer: Salary 30k – 40k per annum
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, as a Buyer you’ll be responsible for the purchasing of materials and plant, plant maintenance and costing. As a Buyer your responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to:
- Receiving materials requisitions from sites, identifying requirements, and ensuring sufficient technical details, and ensuring quantity and delivery dates are stated.
- Preparing tender documents to suppliers and sending out enquiries.
- Identifying existing approved suppliers for enquiries and carrying out assessments on new suppliers for approval.
- Ensuring sufficient quotations are received for competitive pricing and analysing quotations and negotiating with preferred suppliers to ensure most competitive price received.
- Maintaining procurement schedule, identifying quotations and prices available and comparing quantity required with BOQ/Budget. Advising project QS of discrepancies.
- Maintaining the supplier database on Sage Construct.
- Liaising with Contracts/Project/Site Managers to ensure up to date knowledge and progress of projects. Attending internal site meetings as required.
- Advising and assisting Estimator on suppliers, merchants, potential discounts, and savings.
- Maintaining existing supply chain rebates, reviewing for renewal any agreements, and ensuring best commercial rates and rebates are achieved for all key products.
- Ensuring records of stock within the stores are up to date and that planned maintenance of equipment carried out.
- Producing and presenting a monthly report to the company to include the material and plant transactions, supplier performance, matters arising, current stock, future maintenance plans, rebate schemes and future initiatives.
To be considered for this Buyer role you should have the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Proven experience of at least 5 years as a Buyer or Assistant Buyer within the construction industry.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent understanding of financial control of contracts.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong administration skills and IT literacy.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
- Life assurance equivalent to 3 times annual salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Company Car or Car allowance
Closing Date: 28th July 2021